Loving the new look.
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
    Thanks

Loving the new look.

Hey Guys

Really this is for Admin

Now ive been using this forum for 3 Years next sunday and ive watched it develop and change from N95users LOL and then the merger of everythingn82, n95users and nokiausers in 2009 and now this new look.

I really love the new look, It's loading alot quicker and its easier to read..

Good job Admin
    *#0000# ,To Find Out Your Firmware Version! *#06# ,To Find out Your IMEI Number..If Ive Been Useful Click "Thanks" Button!! - Samperry209!

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 2,978 Times in 2,343 Posts
    Can't wait to have the old look available again, I hate the new version, hate the separate page for new posts, hate the new reply to post options which lost me a long message in one thread and I just couldn't be asked to type it out again. In fact, I think I'll just stay away from the forum until the old look is back. Probably there are a lot of good changes in the background but the UI is just not workable for me. Sorry to dampen everyone's enthusiasm, but it's my opinion.
    "Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."

If you appreciate help from a member,then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button! - Sp00k

My "backup" phone is a Constellation.

Thanks
    i do most of my lurking (don't have that much input these days) on mobile so i'm looking forward to the new mobile theme

5. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    I think the whole thing is quite good. In respect to 93tid's comment though I don't know if the old style will still be compatible with the new back-end software.
    Steven Jon Smith | Twitter: StevenJonSmith
    MSN: [email protected] [ Chat | Add Me ] | Email: [email protected] | Web: http://www.iam.st/eve

If you appreciate help from a member, then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button!!

Nokia Users Administrator Brandon's Avatar
    Thanks
    The following changes were made today:
    -Increased the font size slightly on the default Blue theme
    -Added a new Mobile theme
    -Implemented several anti-spam measures
    -Added Advanced Forum Stats to the forum home (shows latest posts, etc.)

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Added iTrader (Requested by Steven Smith)
    -This shows an option in threads created only in the Marketplace, and allows you to rate sellers/buyers. This option is located at the bottom left of the post, near the 'Thanks' button.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Brandon For This Useful Post:

Grayburn (04-20-2011), Micky (04-19-2011), Moz (04-19-2011), Steven_Smith (04-20-2011)

Nokia Genius
    Thanks
    I have to add my 2 cents. I'm not loving this look at all! There's just too much white! It's completely off-putting! I struggle to want to read any posts because of the vastness of all the white space. Then add to that the colour of the replies/fonts are grey (why?! - go back to black where it's actually readable!) and mix that with all the white and it makes it difficult to read and sorry, but it's just a complete mess!

One other thing, when you're looking at thread names/titles the font is SO small and tiny! Make them bigger!!!

Please go back to how it was or at least change the colour scheme pronto! Epic fai in my eyes.
    Last edited by TheSuper; 04-18-2011 at 10:40 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSuper View Post
    I have to add my 2 cents. I'm not loving this look at all! There's just too much white! It's completely off-putting! I struggle to want to read any posts because of the vastness of all the white space. Then add to that the colour of the replies/fonts are grey (why?! - go back to black where it's actually readable!) and mix that with all the white and it makes it difficult to read and sorry, but it's just a complete mess!

One other thing, when you're looking at thread names/titles the font is SO small and tiny! Make them bigger!!!

Please go back to how it was or at least change the colour scheme pronto! Epic fai in my eyes.
    Thanks for the feedback. I have already had a couple concerns with the font size, so it was bumped up just a bit more. It should now be the same size as before.

Also, like Steven mentioned, this is more than just a 'visual' upgrade. We updated our core forum software, vBulletin, to a major new version. With it comes a UI change, amongst several other changes. Reverting to the original style is not as easy as enabling the old one

As for the white space, this is something I noticed (and hated as well) with vbulletin 4.x. I made a change to some coloring on the background, and also reduced the margin sizes of several things like the gaps after posts, signatures, and a few others. This, couple with the font change, should make things much more readable. Let me know what you think, and for those that have PM'ed me with feedback, please continue to let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
    I assume in time we will get the old navigation bar back? where it takes the whole width of the screen.

That would be good

Thanks
    Thanked 5,415 Times in 3,294 Posts
    Work is still currently undergoing, and the final look, and feel is not yet fully in place, so please bare with us.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

To find your Nokia Firmware version, key *#0000#. The V##.#.### shown is your current Firmware! Please add these details with Nokia model to your profile. This information will help others help you. Thank you.!

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    I love the new look, gives the place "a lick of paint"!

Great work
    If someone helps you, hit the thanks button!

Twitter: @nirave

My Sites:
    UK Mobile Review (@UKMobileReview)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    [/COLOR]Added iTrader (Requested by Steven Smith)
    -This shows an option in threads created only in the Marketplace, and allows you to rate sellers/buyers. This option is located at the bottom left of the post, near the 'Thanks' button.
    Is there a way you could also add a link in the profile section of the posts for users to jump to feedback already left?
    Steven Jon Smith | Twitter: StevenJonSmith
    MSN: [email protected] [ Chat | Add Me ] | Email: [email protected] | Web: http://www.iam.st/eve

If you appreciate help from a member, then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button!!

Thanks
    It should be already showing, but only in threads located in the marketplace. I am going to clean up the profile bits tonight/tomorrow as well.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Brandon For This Useful Post:

Steven_Smith (04-22-2011)

Nokia Genius
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I have already had a couple concerns with the font size, so it was bumped up just a bit more. It should now be the same size as before.

Also, like Steven mentioned, this is more than just a 'visual' upgrade. We updated our core forum software, vBulletin, to a major new version. With it comes a UI change, amongst several other changes. Reverting to the original style is not as easy as enabling the old one

As for the white space, this is something I noticed (and hated as well) with vbulletin 4.x. I made a change to some coloring on the background, and also reduced the margin sizes of several things like the gaps after posts, signatures, and a few others. This, couple with the font change, should make things much more readable. Let me know what you think, and for those that have PM'ed me with feedback, please continue to let me know your thoughts.
    Thanks for your reply, cheers. I have to say the site has improved from when i first noted my impressions of the the new look to now, you've definetely made changes! Still, the main thing i don't like is why the font colour of usermembers replies is grey. It doesn't look good at all, especially with a white background! I get the feeling you made the grey darker but it still doesn't work for me. I would prefer it to go back to black, it just makes the replies more noticeable and readable!!! Grey doesn't work imo, now matter how dark you make it look!

Edit: Just posted my reply and went and had a look at how it looked. I still agree. Replace grey with black. Please!

Thanks
    The same way we get older, time continue to run.

It's all about changes. It's part of life. Some for good, some for bad.

My personal opinion is: Good Job Folks...!!!
    If you appreciate help from a member, then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button!

CATERPILLAR - Making Sustainable Progress Possible.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to henrickrw For This Useful Post:

Micky (05-02-2011)

Thanks
    Well I really like it, well done guys, out with the old and in with the new . Keep up the good work