I was thinking...why doesn't Nokia use Symbian OS and come up with a computer
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thanks

I was thinking...why doesn't Nokia use Symbian OS and come up with a computer

on its own?

The Nokia n810 tablet was pretty decent. And the Symbian OS is loved by all of us. So with Windows and apple going over from the computer world over to phones...why doesn't Nokia go the opposite way and start making computers with Symbian OS?

I, for one, would buy one. I love Symbian, and the ease of use and connectivity Nokia's phone affords are REMARKABLE! I'm sure they've thought of this, just not implemented it.

What do ya'll think? A Nokia computer? I'd go for it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    They already have. It's called an N95. LOL

I know what you mean though. Nice idea. But the last thing the world needs is another expensive OS - I doubt they would knock it out for free.

Don't fear the penguin
    Motorolla S9, Sony MEX-5000, Proporta, Hollux GPSlim, Brodit Mount, Scoshe bluelife, Gear4 BlackBox, Plug-IT charm

It's Broke?

Did you know that your Nokia comes with a 2 year warranty? Did you know that Carphone Warehouse are Nokia Repair Centres?
    Damage from normal use: wobbly slider, broken keys, quiet earpiece etc... will be repaired for free, and usually the same day if you take it to a big store!

Nokia Genius
    Thanks
    theres a big difference between a phone OS and desktop OS. The two situations you mentioned were going the other way, more complicated to less complicated. I mean really you would be better off building a PC OS from the ground up.

5. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mariokarter View Post
    theres a big difference between a phone OS and desktop OS. The two situations you mentioned were going the other way, more complicated to less complicated. I mean really you would be better off building a PC OS from the ground up.
    Agreed...

Windows Mobile and the iPhone's OS are alot more different to their desktop counterparts than you think as well...

There's alot more room to move in the mobile OS market as well..

If Symbian seriously wanted to move into desktop products, they'd be better off finding a niche and focussing on that, and merging their way in.. similarly to what Google have done...