Anyone have experience of Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S?
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,856 Times in 1,217 Posts

Anyone have experience of Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S?

Just been into a phone shop, can't remember which, and was offered one of these. Seems a very high spec, just wondering if anyones ever used one before?

Was a good deal, 900 mins and 1gb internet with a fair few messages for £25 a month, free phone (24 month contract tho).

Quite suprised by this, since I am normally on the ball with high end androids out.
    I do not give instructions on how to bypass satnav copy protection. So please do not ask via forum or PM.

Pay for you're software, this helps makers produce updates and support the product.

For a Garmin review, click HERE

Copilot review: HERE

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    It's an upgrade of the Arc, generally it seems well received. On the Gadget Show shoot out on last week's show, the Arc S came a couple of points behind the Sensation XL and the iPhone 4s - a very tight fight for second place after the Galaxy Nexus, with no clear water between them.

Also it'll be getting ICS next year - I think it's one of the models where the alpha is already out from SE.

As an aside, having got the SE X Play, I wouldn't hesitate in recommending an SE Android device to anyone - everything worked out of the box as it was meant to, the PC software installed & works fine in a fuss free manner (Nokia - take note!), they haven't screwed up the Android experience too much (Moto - take note!), the build quality & styling is quite classy (Samsung - take note!) and there was a bundle of nice little extras out of the box, including a decent headset & sensible battery(HTC - take note!).

I was seriously thinking of getting the missus the SE X Ray, until she went and plopped for the Orange SF2 as a cheap upgrade option.

If you do opt for the Arc S, let us know how you get on. Have you checked out the Android forums to see if there are any major issues? As far as I am concerned, SE are back in the race.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BubbaHotepUK For This Useful Post:

Bartmanekul (12-20-2011), Blakey (12-20-2011)

Thanks
    Might get it, I looked at a few reviews, and people basically say it's a very good phone, but just not up to the SGS2 standard.

Tesco still have their offer on the razr and SGS2, so I'm trying to get someone else (muuuum, daaaad!) to take out the contract and I pay them. Stupid considering that I'm perfectly eligable to get it, just a glitch they haven't sorted. Annoyingly my partner is on Tmobile as well, so she gets the same glitch.

I didn't realise the Arc was only single core, and some reviews say it's not as fast as the SGS2.

The phone shop I want into (JaG I think it was?) said that they had only sold 4 lumias, and had 3 back. I asked why and the reasons were that they kept hanging and freezing, and someone didn't know it was running windows and wanted rid! In that case it just shows that Windows on Mobiles has a very bad image, even if it's now unjustified.
    Last edited by Bartmanekul; 12-20-2011 at 01:24 PM.
    I do not give instructions on how to bypass satnav copy protection. So please do not ask via forum or PM.

Pay for you're software, this helps makers produce updates and support the product.

6. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    I'm not surprised about the Lumia 800, still only seen one in the wild. Steve Ballmer himself was moaning about the lack of success of Windows Phone, and talk of Microsoft making more money from Android (due to patent licensing) persists. Apparently MS are rejigging some of the WP managers to have another stab at addressing public perception. Makes the rumour of a Microsoft buyout of Nokia all the more likely.

I think there is a lot to be said for getting the SGS2 if you can get one at a good price point - I think it's a phone that is going to last well into the future & there are lots of purpose built accessories for it now - obviously not to the same extent as the iPhone 4s, but still a reflection of it's popularity.

Having said that, people seem to love the design of the Arc S on the Android forums, small buttons aside, whereas the SGS2 is a bit lacking character on the design front. I actually prefer the SE X Play to the SGS2 from an aesthetic & tactile point of view - it feels more expensive, even though it was about a third of the price! From a performance point of view, given that the things like GTA 3 run fine on the SE X Play, I would have thought that they would be perfectly okay on the slightly faster SE X Arc S.

Nokia Genius
    Thanks
    To me the Arc, with or without the S, is one real sad story!
    This device definitely deserved more than what it got!

Three major factors played their role:
    - SE X10! This phone was so poor at launch, and for many users coming the Symbian^1 experience on the Satio and Vivaz as well, and how SE treated them back then, this all added up to destroy what SE had left of a good reputation! They needed a complete re-build. A way worse situation than Nokia's..

- The GSII of course! This phone killed all other Android high-ends! It's the best Droid out there, and everybody wants best value for money of course..
    But if you think about it, the difference between the GSII and Arc specs wise isn't huge! And the UX is on par!
    For instance although I prefer the GSII's design, I know the majority would go for the Arc design-wise.. Couple that with a 100€ less price tag even at launch, and same UX ( mainly same UI speed and fluidness) and it could be a better offer for many out there..

- Dual core! This is the most that affected the Arc and I personally blame this though on the media not on SE! There is a whole bloody thread tackling this issue, and I know no one over here would like to go all over that again, so I'll leave pointing the blame part for you to judge, but the factor was and still the most influential one!

There is the 3.5" located on the side instead of top, a thing which bugs me, but not a deal breaker I guess..

Other than that, expect a quality device with a top Android experience..

Thanks
    I've gone for the razr, I know general consensus is that the SGS2 is a bit better, but having waterproof innards really appeal to me for some reason. I guess I just like 'lifeproof' phones. It's my mum who ordered it and I'll be paying her due to tesco still not fixing that glitch.

Plus it'll be good to compare directly to my partners SGS2.

I still think Android would have been a vastly better move for Nokia, even if the only thing taken into account was peoples perception of Windows Mobile.

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    I'll be interested in your opinions on the Razr. That kevlar case does appeal, even if it's only for bragging rights!

I'd love an Android phone from Nokia, but I can see their business logic for going with WP. Let's hope it is a success, otherwise the MS patent battle with Google will get worse, with the real loser being Joe Ordinary.

Thanks
    Sadly the kevlar is only the backplate apperently, so for the more usual dents around the screen edge it's not as useful as it sounds. Can't wait to get it, apperently it's coming tomorrow, so I'll get my hands on it Christmas eve.

I'll post about what I think, though the size worries me. Have given up waiting for someone to do a fully featured powerful phone at a smaller size.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanekul View Post
    Sadly the kevlar is only the backplate apperently, so for the more usual dents around the screen edge it's not as useful as it sounds. Can't wait to get it, apperently it's coming tomorrow, so I'll get my hands on it Christmas eve.

I'll post about what I think, though the size worries me. Have given up waiting for someone to do a fully featured powerful phone at a smaller size.
    i am curious too as i have had a play with one and it looked and felt great.

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    I was dubious about the size of the SGS2, but being so thin it really isn't as awkward in the pocket as you might think. I'm sure the Razr will be the same. I do find smaller phones a bit pokey now tbh.

Thanks
    I have found chunky phones to be easier to use, like the 5800. But we shall see. I'm chancing it a fair bit, although they have said it will get ICS, I am well aware of their track record. I like the design of it, and I think a bit of it is that I want something a bit different from the masses

Will definately miss the FM transmitter, but theres simply no highend androids with them in and working.

Nokia User
    Thanks
    I've been put off Motorola by the length if time it takes for us in the UK to get updates but I like the look and features of the Razr and don't mind motoblur. So I'd be quite interested in a Joe bloggs hands on review too.

Thanks
    I will write about what I think of it, but you really can't do much better than NZtechfreaks reviews.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blakey View Post
    I've been put off Motorola by the length if time it takes for us in the UK to get updates but I like the look and features of the Razr and don't mind motoblur. So I'd be quite interested in a Joe bloggs hands on review too.
    has he done his review of the razr?

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

i meant nztech

Nokia User
    Thanks
    Maybe I should have said Joe public

Thanks
    You might be waiting for a while for Joe public to say much about it, Every phone shop I have been into said they don't have it.

Carphone warehouse, O2, JaG, and another I can't remember. Maybe tesco bought them all??

It has been delivered, but I was made to promise I won't be on it all weekend

Nokia User
    Thanks
    I'm sure you can wait another 48hrs. And I wonder if all the negative stuff happening on the Motorola forums has played any part ( minor granted) in the decision by so many retailers not to stock it.

Thanks
    Guy at Carphone warehouse said to me that it was because it's not popular. Which I don't get really, if they have never stocked it and it's not been out long, by what are they going by?

Thanks
    Its just something to say to cover their own back sides. I have never come across a phone salesperson who was sincere. Store managers yes, sales staff no. The new Razr almost was going to be my new phone. I don't think you'll be disappointed with it or Android Bart. Have fun with it but remember if you get your eager paws on it before Christmas in the words of my better half "put that phone down and stop being so anti social" A reference to me sitting in bedroom Christmas eve 2007 when I'd just registered at N95 users as this lovely site was. She only wanted help with wrapping when changing product codes was far more exciting !

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

...Added to say. Yes you'll miss the FM transmitter, I don't like connecting another device to hear my music from the vans stereo.
    This forum taught me all I know - use search and let it teach you too !

Nokia Genius
    Thanks
    I've gone for the razr, I know general consensus is that the SGS2 is a bit better, but having waterproof innards really appeal to me for some reason. I guess I just like 'lifeproof' phones. It's my mum who ordered it and I'll be paying her due to tesco still not fixing that glitch. Plus it'll be good to compare directly to my partners SGS2.
    I'll also be interested in your views on the Razr as i'm also thinking about getting my hands on one. For a very good, detailed, thorough UK review on the Razr check out Part 1 and Part 2 of this video review:

Motorola Razr Review - Part 1 - SAMJPULLEN - YouTube

Motorola Razr Review - Part 2 - SAMJPULLEN - YouTube

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheSuper For This Useful Post:

Bartmanekul (12-23-2011), Blakey (12-23-2011)

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,617 Posts
    Motorola RAZR Dock review - YouTube

that dock looks good bart mate , i know you like docks too :-)

26. The Following User Says Thank You to buxz777 For This Useful Post:

Bartmanekul (12-24-2011)

Thanks
    Well, posting this via my razr. Very good phone, cant see me getting rid. Because someone is stupid, and I suspect tesco, there was no microsim with it, just a standard one. Still wifi letting me do a lot and I'll be asking for a micro Sim soon.

In short, looks like a keeper.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bartmanekul For This Useful Post:

BubbaHotepUK (12-29-2011), TheSuper (12-24-2011)

Nokia Genius
    Thanks
    Well, posting this via my razr. Very good phone, cant see me getting rid. Because someone is stupid, and I suspect tesco, there was no microsim with it, just a standard one. Still wifi letting me do a lot and I'll be asking for a micro Sim soon.

In short, looks like a keeper.
    Glad you like it! Look forward to hearing more thoughts from you on the phone.

What's it like to hold by the way? Can you do much using one hand?
    How fast is the phone when you browse the internet and pages load up?
    What's audio like on the phone?
    How's battery life so far?
    What's it like in your pocket?

Nokia User
    Thanks
    And can you edit music tags and album art direct on the phone

Thanks
    Cant comment on battery for quite a while, since I have to wait till I get a Sim card to really judge that. As I am at my mums the only thing I can comment on is the size. Its not as bad as I thought. Fair chunk bigger than the sgs2. The thiness really helps though. Pocketwise seems ok, though I suspect that really depends on the trousers your wearing.

Web speed fine over a dodgy wifi connection. Will answer the questions when I can, but not home till late tomorrow.

Nokia User
    Thanks
    Have you checked out the xda forum, apparently there's an ota update that will sort out a few niggles people have been having and improve a few things too.

Thanks
    I will at some point look at that forum. I'm sure it'll prove useful.

Just got a motorola zoom, so I'm using that to post now. Suddenly I've gone to motorola for everything.

I'll answer any questions, but I'll post here when I can actually do it because I have got to get the micro sim first.

Christmas day is about playing with your new toys (and having a little drink).

Please feel free to ask questions you think of for when I can answer them. I stress that Nztechfreak's review will be well worth a read regardless of what I put here.
    Last edited by Bartmanekul; 12-25-2011 at 10:46 PM.

Thanks
    Glad your enjoying your razr Bart mate ;-)

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Del1701 For This Useful Post:

Bartmanekul (12-25-2011)

Thanks
    A few observations from use - I have been using it connected to Wifi until I get my micro sim.

Dispite having a large footprint (large and wide, but very thin), it's not too bad to hold. I find it easier than my partners SGS2 dispite that being smaller. This might be due to the smooth back her the SGS2 though, since she has the white one.

The kevlar back has a nice feel, though I honestly think it's bit of a gimmick. If your putting kevlar on a phone, make it all the way round.

One handed use for texting is pretty much a no go - I haven't been able to do one handed use with anything bigger than my C7, which is small for high end mobiles.

The phone itself is just lovely though. The thickness does make a difference, camera shots are pretty good, definately acceptable for me. Haven't tried video yet.

Loading things up, well theres little to no delay. You certainly won't get frustrated with this phone.

I played a couple of songs via the phone speakers, and I was very impressed. loud, and reasonably clear. I was really suprised by this. It definately needs to be on a flat hard surface though. Like most phones, it seems to be designed to make the most of that.

So far, even without a simcard, it's really impressed me, and many of my friends too. My uncle wants one, and so far I haven't got anything negative to say about it except the size, but that's just my preferance.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bartmanekul For This Useful Post:

Blakey (12-29-2011), BubbaHotepUK (12-29-2011), TheSuper (12-29-2011)

Nokia Genius
    Thanks
    A few observations from use - I have been using it connected to Wifi until I get my micro sim.

Dispite having a large footprint (large and wide, but very thin), it's not too bad to hold. I find it easier than my partners SGS2 dispite that being smaller. This might be due to the smooth back her the SGS2 though, since she has the white one.

The kevlar back has a nice feel, though I honestly think it's bit of a gimmick. If your putting kevlar on a phone, make it all the way round.

One handed use for texting is pretty much a no go - I haven't been able to do one handed use with anything bigger than my C7, which is small for high end mobiles.

The phone itself is just lovely though. The thickness does make a difference, camera shots are pretty good, definately acceptable for me. Haven't tried video yet.

Loading things up, well theres little to no delay. You certainly won't get frustrated with this phone.

I played a couple of songs via the phone speakers, and I was very impressed. loud, and reasonably clear. I was really suprised by this. It definately needs to be on a flat hard surface though. Like most phones, it seems to be designed to make the most of that.

So far, even without a simcard, it's really impressed me, and many of my friends too. My uncle wants one, and so far I haven't got anything negative to say about it except the size, but that's just my preferance.
    Great observation review mate.

Just a few questions.

Due to its thinness do you feel the phone needs a case or a screen protector?
    A lot of reviews have said the camera is pretty rubbish, but you felt the quality of the pics was ok?
    What do you think about the Super AMOLED Advanced screen - what are the colours like? How good is the screen?
    How much on-board memory storage does it have, is the 16GB split into two separate 8GB's?
    I know it doesn't have an FM transmitter (which sucks big time!) but does it have an FM radio and what apps/games are already installed on the phone?

Nokia User
    Thanks
    Also, what are your impressions of motoblur, it improved on the atrix after the gingerbread update

Thanks
    Me personally, I love what they have done with the Razr! It felt sooo nice in my hand. I was going to film a review but I didnt have enough time.. However overall feel and user experience certainly made me feel Motorola have sorted themselves out! I hated the Blur.. it was more Blurrrgh!

I cant wait to see if these SGS3 rumours are true?

But onto the original topic about the Arc S... Beautiful phone! My mates girlfriend has one and she loves it and let me have a look! When it recieves Ice cream sandwich it will be awesome! However I did love the camera quality and the build was roughly the same of my old X10i But more sleeker. However for a 24 monther dude thats a good deal? However i suppose you have the moto now so yeah.. a good choice!

You will probs slap me when I say I love the C7 lol! Even tho ive got cracks appearing on the sides?! :S Felt soo nice when I got it out the box! Can't wait for Belle
    Last edited by samperry209; 12-29-2011 at 01:31 PM.
    *#0000# ,To Find Out Your Firmware Version! *#06# ,To Find out Your IMEI Number..If Ive Been Useful Click "Thanks" Button!! - Samperry209!

Thanks
    Storage - it's broken up into 2x 8GB.

I can't see any radio anywhere, not in music player either. I haven't plugged any headphones in yet though. Theres just options for internet radio, and motorolas own music service, which unless someone really wants to know about, I shan't be bothering with.

Speaking of music, the speaker is quite loud and clear, I was suprised by this.

The screen looks lovely to me, in fact it looks slightly better than my partners SGS2, but I haven't fiddled with either settings so that's not a fair test. Suffice to say I am very happy with the screen.

I will post some pictures up later, probably best you make your own decisions up on those.

As for a case/screen protectors, that's always up to the user. I never put any on, however the phone feels very sturdy indeed. The only reason you would put a screen protector on is because it's so big.

I can't comment on moto blur, because I don't know what parts are moto blur (if that makes sense?) I do like the UI, and the handy contacts is useful too.

I put my sim in this morning, and I have got about 10 emails today, few messages, been on the net for about 10 mins. Had a 15 minute phone call, and it's been connected to wireless for most the day. However, I don't have any social networks setup, so it's only doing data for email and accuweather, and a few other odds and ends. Battery is currently at 50%, which makes me think it could take quite a hammering.

It does have a micro SD slot by the way. The voice call was very clear.

Sam, my C7 also has a crack down the side, I guess it's just yet another design flaw.
    Last edited by Bartmanekul; 12-30-2011 at 12:22 AM.

42. The Following User Says Thank You to Bartmanekul For This Useful Post:

TheSuper (12-30-2011)

Nokia Genius
    Thanks
    Storage - it's broken up into 2x 8GB.

I can't see any radio anywhere, not in music player either. I haven't plugged any headphones in yet though. Theres just options for internet radio, and motorolas own music service, which unless someone really wants to know about, I shan't be bothering with.

Speaking of music, the speaker is quite loud and clear, I was suprised by this.

The screen looks lovely to me, in fact it looks slightly better than my partners SGS2, but I haven't fiddled with either settings so that's not a fair test. Suffice to say I am very happy with the screen.

I will post some pictures up later, probably best you make your own decisions up on those.

As for a case/screen protectors, that's always up to the user. I never put any on, however the phone feels very sturdy indeed. The only reason you would put a screen protector on is because it's so big.

I can't comment on moto blur, because I don't know what parts are moto blur (if that makes sense?) I do like the UI, and the handy contacts is useful too.

I put my sim in this morning, and I have got about 10 emails today, few messages, been on the net for about 10 mins. Had a 15 minute phone call, and it's been connected to wireless for most the day. However, I don't have any social networks setup, so it's only doing data for email and accuweather, and a few other odds and ends. Battery is currently at 50%, which makes me think it could take quite a hammering.

It does have a micro SD slot by the way. The voice call was very clear.
    Bart, apparently there's a firmware update doing the rounds (not ICS! lol) do you have anything yet on your phone? You mentoned the microSD slot, according to NZ the Razr will accept the new 64GB memory cards.

Thanks
    I did have an update a while ago I think, I wasn't sure of the phone at the time and just said yes. I haven't really noticed a change in anything though?

Pictures will be up at some point, along, hopefully, with a video.

I'll probably stick my 8GB card in there. 64 is well past my budget!

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,617 Posts
    32gb cards are £26 of amazon for a genuine sandisk mate defo worth checking out

46. The Following User Says Thank You to buxz777 For This Useful Post:

Bartmanekul (12-30-2011)

Nokia Genius
    Thanks
    I did have an update a while ago I think, I wasn't sure of the phone at the time and just said yes. I haven't really noticed a change in anything though?
    European Motorola RAZR gets a new firmware update - GSMArena.com news

48. The Following User Says Thank You to TheSuper For This Useful Post:

Bartmanekul (01-06-2012)

Thanks
    I have just updated with that one (I think). Not much difference from first glance. Means I have had 2 updates since I had it...

Nokia Genius
    Thanks
    How are you finding the phone now Bart? A couple of weeks in, is it a keeper? Likes/dislikes?

Thanks
    I love, just love it. The build quality is amazing. Provided nothing starts to wear and tear, it's going to be extremely good. Even the flap on the side for microSD and sim card seems very solid. I haven't dunked it in water, even though it's supposed to survive. But I just don't have the guts!

I don't regret getting it at all.

I still don't see the use for microsim - this is a negative imo. But hey ho.

The screen is really very good. Does look better than any phone I have had previously even negating the size.

Some of the software is pretty poor. The built in moto music player isn't great, and something else wasn't wonderful either (though I obviously don't use it much if I can't remember what it was).

The camera is bit of a downside. I will upload some pics when I have more, but in short it's not on par with the SGS2. It's still good don't get me wrong, but just not as good as that.

Going back to build...

It's a really good looking phone. Better than in pictures. Of course, opinions can be different, but imo this is quite special.

I know I previously said the kevlar on the back was a gimmick, I take it back. The feel of it is *really* comfortable, grippy, and just doesn't seem to scratch.

Along the sides is a thin band of...rubber? Like plasticky rubber. Much better than it sounds, helps you grip the phone. They either got very lucky or put an awful lot of thought into the construction of this phone.

Batterylife is very good. Lasts a day and a half when hammering it, and I have left the screen at full brightness.

Haven't done video yet.

I apologise for not uploading pictures and video yet, I said I would but have been busy with new job, but half of it is not having anything decent to take pictures/video of.

I also haven't used headphones, but the sound out the speaker (as long as it's against a surface) is suprisingly good.

Oh, and call quality seems way better than my C7. It's so clear.

So, the bad

Camera (not awful, but definatly could be better)

Some software. But I don't see this as a big issue, given Androids apps.

The good.

It's such a nice phone to use. And quick, no need to worry about that.

If you want a more all round phone (better software, better camera) the SGS2 is more your thing.

If you are quite hot on build quality and comfort, this is definately the one. However, I do recommend you try if possible, as it's very large.

Keeper!!!
    Last edited by Bartmanekul; 01-13-2012 at 12:34 PM.

52. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bartmanekul For This Useful Post:

Blakey (01-14-2012), BubbaHotepUK (01-13-2012), buxz777 (01-13-2012), TheSuper (01-17-2012)

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    Cool - I've not seen one in the shops yet, but I really want to get my hands on one, sounds really tactile & sexy.

If you haven't tried it, give PowerAmp from the Android market a try, it's the best phone music player I've ever used, bar none. There's a freeware version, but you'll find yourself paying the few quid for the full version it's that good. Plus it's yours to keep for life, of course, should you move on to another Android phone. Fiddling with the EQ settings makes even the cheaper-than-chips Orange SF sound pretty darned good.

54. The Following User Says Thank You to BubbaHotepUK For This Useful Post:

Bartmanekul (01-13-2012)

Thanks
    Thanks - also means I can use it on my tablet which is good news

I am open to questions, of course. Good luck finding one in the shops, I haven't seen one. Good and bad, at least I have a fairly uncommon phone. One of my friends looked at it with pure jealousy.

Nokia Genius
    Thanks
    I have just updated with that one (I think). Not much difference from first glance. Means I have had 2 updates since I had it...
    Android 2.3.6 is now available for some Razr users in Europe, not available yet for UK users.

Fresh from its announcement at CES 2012 the brand new Sony Experia S to be released at the end of January:

Sony Xperia S coming this month, sooner than expected - GSMArena.com news

Sony announces Xperia S with a 12MP camera and HD screen - GSMArena.com news

57. The Following User Says Thank You to TheSuper For This Useful Post:

Bartmanekul (01-21-2012)

Thanks
    Thanks super. The only thing that I'd like the update to improve is the camera, anything else is just a bonus.

After nearly a month, I can't recommend this enough. Funnily enough I did have a razr long long ago which I didn't particuarly like. I think this is a brilliantly designed phone and I wouldn't hesitate buying Motorola again. I think it's a real shame more phone retailers don't stock it.

Nokia Genius
    Thanks
    Hey Bart, just wondering if you ever got that update to 2.3.6 or not?

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    The Razr & Razr Maxx are getting a phenomenal amount of advertising in the US, not seen a thing about it in the UK unfortunately. You can even get purple ones there now, in addition to black & white.

Presumably we won't see the Maxx over here, as the extra battery power is (presumably) there to cover the extra juice required by LTE?

Nokia User
    Thanks
    Motorola have released their ICS rollout schedule - looks like the Atrix won't be getting it but no doubt the UK Razr will get it later on this year

Motorola advances with a schedule for the ICS update | Daily Mobile

62. The Following User Says Thank You to Blakey For This Useful Post:

Bartmanekul (02-16-2012)

Thanks
    Sorry folks, haven't been visiting much recently.

I did get an update, haven't noticed much but then I have been busy and not using the phone as much as I'd like (as in out of normal use).

I notice the xoom is on there too. Oh happy days!

The phone has been perfoming brilliantly - I'd would have liked the Maxx though.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,978 Times in 2,343 Posts
    You might find this interesting:

https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c
    "Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."

If you appreciate help from a member,then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button! - Sp00k

My "backup" phone is a Constellation.

65. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 93tid For This Useful Post:

Bartmanekul (02-18-2012), Blakey (02-16-2012)

Nokia User
    Thanks
    Cheers; the atrix gets a mention on the more detailed list

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast