ICS out for the Galaxy Note (? not sure if there are other owners here)
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
    Thanks

ICS out for the Galaxy Note [UPDATE: Video]

Flashed to it tonight, it's a ROM for the Chinese GT i9220 version of the handset and Chainfire at XDA was kind enough to repackage it for the N7000. It is totally brilliant - more than stable enough to be a daily driver and extremely smooth and quick despite it being limited to 1.2Ghz/core like the i9220, rather than the 1.4Ghz/core that the N7000 actually runs on. No hesitation recommending this one to any Note owners out there. Will post more thoughts tomorrow (getting late here), and possibly a video too. Colour me very happy right now.

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

Actually, since I'm still up here are some early findings (and up to the minute stuff is always in my Twitter feed):

- In terms of looks the ROM is a bit frankenstein at the moment with a mixture of TW/GB/ICS elements throughout the UI
    - Performance in general UI navigation is a big step up from GB ROMs, even custom ROMS, and that is despite this one limiting the CPU clock speed to 1.2Ghz/core (because the i9220 version runs at that)
    - Graphics performance upped a lot - 44fps in Nenamark 2 which is basically the same as the Transformer Prime on ICS (in other words, wow)
    - Realised how much I missed some aspects of ICS since I went back to the Note on GB as my daily driver a while back, the task switcher is brilliant, as is dismissing individual notifications, the browser is just superb (and the Chrome for Android beta is also incredible, although lacking some nice features of the ICS default browser at the moment like saving web pages for offline reading and inverted rendering in the browser)
    - Everything working fine, I had a couple of FC's when accessing 'activities' in ADW Launcher but I think that's because the Settings structure is changed in ICS and so the GB shortcuts point to the wrong place (ie not a stability problem on the ROMs end). I will say it again: this is already easily good enough to be your daily driver
    - Inbuilt Google Apps are of course lovely in their ICS incarnations
    - Face Unlock present and working in all it's novelty-not-security glory
    - Voodoo Louder doesn't work on this since the phone identifies itself to the app as an i9220 rather than N7000 (apparently an N7000 native ICS ROM is leaking tomorrow)
    - Too early to be definite but wakelock delay seems drastically reduced, now just fine
    - Apps with stuff specifically for ICS work with this build, for example notification player controls for PowerAMP are present (YES!)
    Last edited by NZtechfreak; 02-19-2012 at 10:41 AM.
    N95 owner since April '07
    Phone 'rig': Samsung Galaxy Note with Sandisk 64GB MicroSDXC, HTC One X, Black N82 V20 firmware HACKED, Samsung HS3000 receiver, Nokia DT-22 tripod, Gorillapod, iGo Ultraslim Stowaway Bluetooth keyboard, Phonejoy, Datel Retro Wireless, Zeemote, Dell Bluetooth Mouse, MHL adapter, USB OTG cable, Zephyr HxM BT heart rate monitor!
    Audio rig:
    USB DACs - ASUS Xonar Essence One desktop DAC, FiiO E17 portable, FiiO E7, HeadAmp PICO USB DAC/Amp
    Headphones - Audeze LCD-2, Grado GS1000, Sennheiser HD25-I II, ACS T15, AKG Q701, Beyerdynamic T5p

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Does it have the ICS Transitions, or it´s still based on Touchwiz 4.0?
    If you appreciate help from a member, then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button!

CATERPILLAR - Making Sustainable Progress Possible.

Thanks
    Which ICS transitions are you thinking of particularly Henrick? (need a specific example as not sure I remember the difference now!).
    Phone 'rig': Samsung Galaxy Note with Sandisk 64GB MicroSDXC, HTC One X, Black N82 V20 firmware HACKED, Samsung HS3000 receiver, Nokia DT-22 tripod, Gorillapod, iGo Ultraslim Stowaway Bluetooth keyboard, Phonejoy, Datel Retro Wireless, Zeemote, Dell Bluetooth Mouse, MHL adapter, USB OTG cable, Zephyr HxM BT heart rate monitor!
    Audio rig:
    USB DACs - ASUS Xonar Essence One desktop DAC, FiiO E17 portable, FiiO E7, HeadAmp PICO USB DAC/Amp
    Headphones - Audeze LCD-2, Grado GS1000, Sennheiser HD25-I II, ACS T15, AKG Q701, Beyerdynamic T5p

5. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post
    Which ICS transitions are you thinking of particularly Henrick? (need a specific example as not sure I remember the difference now!).
    Im refering to the launcher. Is it powered by touchwiz?
    If you appreciate help from a member, then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button!

Thanks
    It is TouchWiz, but I'm not sure if it uses ICS transitions (it's a little bit frankenstein!). But hey, why not take a look and perhaps you can tell me?!

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Oh, blog has a written post to supplement this and a guide too.
    Audio rig:

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NZtechfreak For This Useful Post:

Del1701 (02-19-2012)

Thanks
    Good vid. Definately this rom is outstanding.

Very stable. Can you share the thread to this rom?

Thanks
    Thread is here Henrick: [leak] [rom] ics 4.0 i9220zclp1 - xda-developers

I link to the requisite parts in my installation guide, probably easier than trying to digest the massive sprawling thread at XDA.
    Audio rig: